This is the first day of "Blogging". I'm not sure what I'm going to do with this, or even if anyone will ever even read it, but I have thoughts and I would like to share them with someone other than myself. This assumes of course, that my thoughts are worth repeating, which I assure you, they are. If only because they are mine. I hope people come to this blog spot if for no other reason than they are bored with what they are doing and want a good laugh. Perhaps someone will actually benefit from my thoughts. Some of you may even get a good laugh at my expense. That's okay, I can take it.
This blog isn't going to be about anything important, other than my life. It's simply going to be. I feel like I have a lot to say, and now, I have some where to say it, even if no one is listening. This may be a picture free blog because I do not allow pictures of myself to be taken, and if they are - I don't like them to be distributed any further than the garbage can. But there are many of my family and friends whom I love very much and perhaps you will see pictures of them, but only if I talk about them.
So, here's a bit of background so you can get to know something about the person "behind the curtain" so to speak.
I was born in Salt Lake City, UT, raised in Salt Lake City, UT, and spent very little time away from my family home. In fact I bought the home I was raised in after my father died. As a child, I traveled with my mom, dad and brother to Western Samoa where my father worked as a construction supervisor. I went to school there and loved it. I have romanticized my memories to the point of believing that if I ever went back there, some magic wand would be waved and my adult life would be as uncomplicated as it was when I lived there.
As a young and very immature adult, I spent 18 months serving a mission in Germany for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. (Was this a suprise to anyone after I led with the SLC, UT thing?) I learned German, lived among the Germans, and served with some of the finest women I've come to know in my life. I also served with some I didn't think were so fine, but that could've been me.
When I returned, I attended the University of Utah and graduated with a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Film Studies. I always thought I would end up in the theatre, but never really took the chances I needed to to get there. I loved film school, and was okay at what I did, but again, it takes a lot of courage, endurance and chutzpah, to put yourself out there and succeed, and I didn't really try very hard at persuing this because I thought I would be married. Truth be told, I thought I would have been married before my mission to Germany, but that didn't happen, so I thought I would be married before finishing college, again - not.
Since graduation from the U, I have worked at various companies, doing things completely unrelated to my field of study, and kept thinking that I didn't need to try very hard to be successful at anything because at any moment, I would meet, "Mr. Right", be married and have children, and leave myself behind and worry only about the husband and kids.
Didn't happen.
So, here I am, nearing the half century mark, unmarried, no children, no prospects on the horizon (not completely dissatisfied with this), no job, and now I'm trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up.
So, in a very small nutshell - that's me, but it's the me I want you to know for now. As this blog goes on, I'm sure you will get to see that the nutshell is pretty big.
I'll talk later and keep you posted on what's going on, and will post more thoughts as they come up.
Take care!
Friday, November 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Yay Trudy. I kind of want to start a blog, but I haven't yet reached the point where I feel like I really have something to say to the big world...just small pieces of it at a time :)
That's what I'm doing this for. Just small pieces at a time!
Hi Lovely Lady...Thanks for sharing!
How interesting that we both have had similar lives and a resemblance of uncanny accurances with complete oppisite effects. A collateral childhood of likes and an adulthood with unparalleled experiances. I also like to express my inner thoughts and ideas. I have written them down for years...one day to try uttering them on page, in a direct assertive yet eloquent style, hoping to convey the ME I know beneath the layers.
Somehow I feel that revealing ones self is a way of leaving something behind...
Like You, Todd and I do not have children. A very sad yet generated causation. We could have had them if we had stepped slightly to one side of the path. Being a parent and a very able one at that...is one lone ideal I completley crave and pine over. That is in the past and under other conditions and circumstances now.
To sum my life up thus far...erratically capricious and always unpredictable...yet exactly how I LOVE IT!...xox bru
Nice Trudy! Way to be.
Post a Comment